Monday 15 November 2010

Plant tags


I've been thinking about it, and I've decided I'm going to use the typefaces I've created to make some plant tags. I want my work to get a feel for the museum just by looking at the work I produce. It's all very well putting the museum's logo on stationary which would sell within the museum shop, but this doesn't represent the museum as a whole very well.

Looking at existing tags and labels for plants, I can see that though they are made using different stocks and have different designs, they all used for the same purpose and the way in which they are used are also similar. They are to be put in the ground, which stands next to the plants.
As there are too many plants to know the names of, I won't be able to ''personalise'' each tag. I think I will stick to my theme; seasons, and play on this idea.

I think creating tags is a great way for me to experiment with form and context again. I can't wait to get started!

I like the idea of being able to write on the tags and possibly change the names when needed, so this is another route I could explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment